4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Bathrooms, near Town Center, Sleeps 8The recently renovate..
- Sleeps 8
Brigham Adelbert Riggs Jr., a carpenter, mason, and rancher, the son of Brigham Sr. and Rachel Ford, built this craftsman bungalow with gable roof. He and his family made the bricks form the native soil found in back of his father’s house across the street near the Kanab creek. He cut the native stone for the foundation and window sills. Delbert, his wife Miriam Chamberlain, and their six children moved into the home in 1929. His only son, Elson, was 17. After Miriam died in May of 1944, Elson moved back into the house with his wife, Ida Sarah Ward. The home is now owned by Elson’s and Ida’s twin sons Lon and Lynn. Elson, a surveyor and rancher, also operated a shoe shop in Kanab. Ida didn’t like the way sand blew into the house under the French doors, so she replaced them with windows. Elson searched for and found the same location where his dad had cut the sills for the rest of the house and cut out the sill for the new window like his dad had shown him. The home is now owned by Elson and Ida's two sons.Dianne Riggs or Lynn Riggs purchased this House in 1929
The property is located a few blocks from the town center on a quite street.