Incredible views; 5650 sf/ 5BR filled with historical antiquities; on 20 acr
We believe that a quality vacation rental should provide three specific benefits—a unique vacation experience, comfort & convenience, and 5-star service. The following describes how we provide each.
A Unique Vacation Experience
No residence near Bozeman has finer views… you can see the entire valley plus all seven mountain ranges nearby. Built on a 20-acre lot, you will love the seclusion and serenity you experience here. Wildlife abounds... a large elk herd often frequents the property.
This one-of-a-kind home is packed with modern features and amenities, but once inside, you will stroll back through time to the late 1800’s. When you enter the home, you will feel like you have entered the lobby of a grand late-1880's hotel. Everywhere you look, you will see historic furniture, antique doors & trim, and historic artwork. Here are some of its unique features…
• Cabinetry built with 100-year-old reclaimed fir.
• Original hardware pulls from 1860.
• Historic light fixtures.
• Handcrafted copper counter tops.
• Granite island counter-top and kickboards.
Dining and Living Room, Parlor, and Library
• Floors are shellac’ed tongue & groove pine and face-nailed with traditional rose clinch floor nails.
• The beautiful stained glass dividing the parlor and living room is an original piece from the late 1880’s.
• All of the 1st floor quarter-sawn solid oak doors, the wainscot, and trim are from the resplendent Hotel Utah, crafted in 1880.
• The paneling in the hallway is a classic design in Lincrusta… imported from England.
• All light fixtures and sconces are 100+ years old.
• Relax around a crackling fire in the woodstove in the living room or in front of the antique gas fireplace in the library.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
• The exquisite maple staircase leads you to the 2nd floor, where a barrel ceiling and 1860 antique light fixtures welcome guests to the bedrooms.
• The 100-year-old pine doors are beautifully adorned with 1900’s Eastlake backplates and mineral door knobs.
• Each door has original key escutcheons, as well as its own transom hardware.
• The master bathroom has a cast iron slipper tub as well as a separate over-sized shower.
Comfort and Convenience
You’ll love our “heavenly” beds… all have compression foam and cushy pillows. The kitchen is well stocked with pans, plates & silverware, and other utensils for cooking what you like; we leave lots of cooking staples such as oils, spices, vinegar, etc; and we have lots of small appliances that include a toaster, coffeemaker, blender, microwave, crock-pot, etc.
There is lots of room to spread out in the house… a total of 5500 s.f. of living space. The roomy dining room with seating for 8 is right off the kitchen, and the large living room, parlor, and library all have seating for groups.
On the back porch, you can relax in the covered hot-tub that overlooks beautiful Gallatin Valley.
All bedrooms are upstairs (5). Two of them have king beds, two have queens, and one opens to a 2nd bedroom that has bunk beds… perfect for the couple traveling with younger children. The master bathroom has a shower and slipper tub, while the two other bathrooms upstairs have just a shower. The powder room downstairs has neither shower nor bath.
You can relax in the hot-tub, or travel 10 minutes to one of the finest hot springs in the world… Bozeman Hot Springs. With 8 indoor pools and 3 outdoor pools, all at different temperatures, you can find your “perfect soak”. The hot springs also have an expansive gym plus aerobics classes.
Guests appreciate our plentiful amenities that include soaps, lotions, shampoos, and conditioners. You won’t run out of supplies that include laundry detergent and fabric softener, propane for the BBQ, paper towels, toilet paper, tin foil, saran wrap, etc.
We have several HD TVs throughout the house, with hundreds of channels, including movie channels. You can even record programs if you like. We have two nice sound systems that you can plug your music into.
The kitchen has a commercial-grade Bosch dishwasher with heat boosting cycle of 190 degrees; a premium LG refrigerator connected to a filtered reverse osmosis water system; a Jenn Aire gas range/electric convection self-cleaning oven, and a 3-compartment professional grade porcelain farm sink. The laundry room with washer and dryer is next to the back door.
You can barbecue on the north porch and eat outdoors in the backyard or on the porch.
If you are a skier, this is the perfect location! You are 30 miles away from each of Big Sky and Bridger Bowl. If you cross-country ski, Lone Mountain Ranch is adjacent to Big Sky, and Bohart Ranch is adjacent to Bridger Bowl.
We are five minutes from fishing accesses on the West Gallatin River and 30 minutes to the Madison or Yellowstone Rivers... all three being renowned blue-ribbon trout streams.
Although you will enjoy a secluded country setting, Bozeman... is only 20 minutes away and is filled with great restaurants, incredible music, and many cultural attractions.
We consider ourselves concierges and strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We have lived here for decades and have a good feel for what people enjoy doing and seeing. We will communicate well with you in advance so that hopefully your time here is spent doing just what you want. In case something unexpected comes up, though, we live close by and are available 24/7.
Property Damage Insurance $59