Thank you for your interest in our Martha’s Vineyard/Katama family home. The house is conveniently located within a long walk or nice bike ride to South Beach (1.2 miles), Edgartown Center (1.9 miles) and 1/4 mile from the diner at Katama Airport. This house was built when Angelo Karoutas, an electrician and Patriarch of our family, decided to create a place where his family could all vacation together. Angelo has since passed, but his legacy to his wife Nikki, his children, grandchildren, and now a great grand-child, enables us to all gather together under one roof for a vacation.
The house was built by our family using an award-winning, multi-level design adapted to provide maximum flexibility by providing occupants multiple public areas for congregating. People with similar interests can group together, or one can enjoy private time when you just want solitude, rest, or to sunbathe. We also chose the setting, at the end of a short cul-de-sac with only 5 homes, to provide safe play for younger family members.
Common areas - incredibly, our house offers 8 different public places to enjoy your stay -
• Main Living Room: 3 Large Couches (seats 8-10), large flat screen TV, surround sound system, Blu-Ray player (netflix enabled & fireplace. Between the dining deck and the open kitchen/dining area - Excellent for entertaining.
• Finished Basement: TV/Play room includes a sectional (seats for 6+), flatscreen TV, foosball table, and full door access to back yard. Perfect for kids!
• Loft: Overlooking the main living room, includes a card table (seats 4) couch & flatscreen TV. Great space for playing cards/games or puzzles.
• Exterior Perch: 2 person deck with lounge chairs located off of the Loft (great for sunbathing)
• Solarium: Perfect room for reading and relaxing
• Dining Room: (Seats 10)
• Main Deck: Dining Deck (seats 10 and has lounge chairs for 4)
• Side Deck: Located next to the dining room (smaller for cozy, intimate dining for 8)
• Grassed back yard for Badminton, Croquet, Corn Hole, and Horse Shoes.
Bedrooms – We have 5 bedrooms with a variety of sleeping accommodations:
• Bedroom #1: Queen Bed (upstairs)
• Bedroom #2: Queen Bed (upstairs)
• Bedroom #3: Queen Bed (downstairs)
• Bedroom #4: Bunkbeds (downstairs, twin on top full on bottom)
• Bedroom #5: Full bed (in finished basement)
Bonus sleeping accommodations:
• The Loft is semi-private and has a pull-out sofa bed (Queen size bed for two)
• Fully equipped kitchen (we’re Greek and love to cook, so everything is here)
• Two tennis courts as part of the condo association (shared with 20 other single family houses).
• Gas Grill (leave your charcoal brickets at home)
• Washer and Dryer
• Outdoor shower
• Close to bike paths
• Passive cooling throughout the home
We think you’ll enjoy and treasure our home as much as we do